The Rutland Charter Township Planning Commission meets on the first Wednesday of each month, unless otherwise posted. Visit our Minutes and Agendas Page for specific meeting information.
The Regular Meeting of the Planning Commission scheduled for May 5, 2021 at 7:00pm will be held in the Board Meeting Room at the Township Hall.
The Duties of the Planning Commission Include:
- Educate the public about local planning issues, the master plan, and land use regulations;
- Cooperate and coordinate with other units of government on planning matters;
- Prepare, adopt, and maintain a master plan;
- Review other community’s draft master plans when submitted for that purpose, and provide coordination of planning and zoning in other units of government;
- Draft and present to the Township Board a zoning ordinance and amendments and advise on various zoning actions;
- Review and comment on proposed public works;
- Prepare and annually adopt a capital improvement program;
- Prepare subdivision regulations and advise on proposed plats.
- Review zoning amendment applications and make findings and recommendations to the Township Board;
- Review and act on special land use permit applications;
- Review and act on site plan applications;
- Make other recommendations and/or take other actions as specified in the Rutland Charter Township Zoning Ordinance.