Building Permit Fee Schedule
Zoning Compliance Application
Residential Building Permit
Accessory Building Permit
Electrical Permit Application
Commercial Building Permit
Commercial Demolition Permit
Commercial Sign Building Permit
Zoning Compliance Sign Application
- Permit application pick up and drop off will be at the Township Clerk's Office.
- Inspection request hotline is: 269-629-0600 Ext. 1
- When requesting an inspection, please leave the jurisdiction "Rutland Township", your permit number, the type of inspection requested (for example footings, foundation, rough-in, etc.). How the inspector will gain access (locked or unlocked), your name, site address, and a phone number so they can reach you if necessary.
- Please be aware, a building permit cannot be issued until all other approvals have been received. Example of other approvals are: zoning, driveway, health department, soil erosion and DEQ for wetlands if applicable.
- A Certificate of Occupancy cannot be issued until all the zoning requirements/conditions have been met and approved by the Zoning Administrator.
- For general questions about building requirements, please call 269-629-0600 or 800-627-2801.
Before building, the following permits may be required.
- Zoning Compliance Permits from the Zoning Administrator.
- Building and Electrical Permits from the Township Office.
- Plumbing and Mechanical Permits from Professional Code Inspections (PCI) 110 W. Center St., Suite A, Hastings, MI 49058. Office: 269-948-4088 pcimi.com
- Soil & Erosion Permits from Barry County Planning/Zoning (required for a planned earth change which disturbs 2 or more acres or any excavation within 500 feet of a lake, stream or designated wetland). Office: 269-945-1290 barrycounty.org
- Well and Septic Permits from the Barry-Eaton Health Department (required for issuance of a dwelling permit) 330 W. Woodlawn Ave., Hastings, MI 49058. Office: 269-945-9516 barryeatonhealth.com
Did you know.... you need a Zoning Compliance and/or Building Permit for all sheds, storage buildings, fencing, structural remodeling, decks, additions, etc., and swimming pools over 24" also needs a Zoning Compliance Permit.